Jobe Matula, a resident of Cambria County, will be competing in the Ben Franklin TechCelerator@Altoona on Tuesday, March 13, 2018. Matula, with The LiveFirst Company, has developed the cleanest, safest way to protect new pets from accidental poisoning.
An important component of the recent Startup Alleghenies initiative, the TechCelerator@Altoona offers the area’s entrepreneurs, students, faculty members, and emerging tech-startups a one-stop-shop for entrepreneurial training!
Six local entrepreneurs will compete for a cash prize of up to $10,000. Presenters will have the opportunity to share with the audience their intended target market, the pain point their product or service alleviates for their customers, and how their idea will make money for them and future investors. A team of judges from the community will make the decision on the winning presentation followed by a networking reception.
Time: 5 – 8 p.m.
Location: Catalyst Space – 1331 12th Avenue – Altoona, PA 16601
Here’s A Quick Look At The Other Presenters:
- Mark Kasterko, with M&T Arms, has developed a device for securing an officer’s weapon during an incident where he/she needs to restrain a perpetrator.
- Benjamin Hutchinson, with Your Reptile Company, has created a way to protect a pet reptile through proper caging techniques.
- Daniel Bowers, with Advanced Diabetes Technologies, is developing an app that allows for the safe and easy monitoring of blood glucose.
- Joey DiGangi, with AssureTech, is developing a technology that helps people with food allergies keep their medication easily on-hand.
- Tony Biddle, with Site Rite, has developed a clip-on rear site for hand guns that dramatically improves accuracy.