**PLEASE SUBMIT SALARY REQUIREMENTS**
Reporting to the President and based in Johnstown PA, the Chief Financial Officer serves as a member of the senior leadership team. The Chief Financial Officer works in partnership with the President and is responsible for the development, interpretation, coordination and administration of the organization’s policies on finance, accounting, insurance, payroll, and internal controls and auditing. The CFO is responsible for maintenance of records and procedures to adequately safeguard the assets of the organization, and to provide leadership on long-range solutions for cost-effective support, encouraging excellence in the department staff, and modeling behaviors and attitudes for a progressive financial function.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of 5-10 years’ of proven financial management experience with a minimum of 5 years in a senior level role and demonstrated experience; a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; Experience in a not-for-profit environment and with contract accounting preferred.
· In-depth knowledge of financial planning, general accounting, and financial management principles and practices relative to nonprofit organizations
· Strategic oversight of all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
· Ability to interpret and explain financial statements and other financial issues to leadership and Board of Directors
· Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management both within and outside the areas of responsibility
· Knowledge of institutional and audit requirements for the provision of financial information for not-for-profit entities
· Experience at working with external auditors
· Skill in the use of technology to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections
· Ability to compile, analyze, interpret, and present financial reports, statements, and/or projections
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills; ability to work on multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment
· Strong technological skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
Commensurate with education & experience.
· Guides financial decisions and activities by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
· Oversees cash flow management and support accounting, general ledger and operations functions, ensuring that systems are in place to guarantee timeliness and accuracy
· Serves as internal consultant to the President, Board, other key stakeholders on all financial matters, making recommendations and suggesting pro-active strategies to keep the company on track
· Keeps leadership, Board and staff up-to-date on company's financial status
· Generates monthly, quarterly and annual reports as needed to monitor, evaluate and optimize cash-flow and liquidity
· Understands and manage federal, state and local funding sources and reporting to these agencies
· Manages intercompany accounting functions
· Coordinates audit activities
Work is generally performed within the office environment and includes regular interaction via phone and email with staff, clients and agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO JOETTE WATSON AT
JARI Administrative Professional
JARI is accepting inquiries from interested parties for a full-time Administrative Professional position. Candidates will be responsible for performing a variety of duties to support economic and workforce development services.
Send resume and salary requirements to by March 30, 2020.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Familiar with Facebook, Linked In and Twitter
- Ability to design flyers and event programs
- Ability to organize events
- Database management
- Accurate data entry
- Inventory and supply management
- Editing and Proofreading
- Office Administration Procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Research and analysis
- Customer service
- Flexibility and efficiency
The first step in finding a good job is to know where to look. The same goes for building a successful workforce. JARI’s Job Locator provides a comprehensive portal of links to employment opportunities in our region.
Job seekers can readily access current employment openings from compilation sites that advertise local employment and access links to career sites from area businesses that maintain human resource recruitment pages. Click on the links below to step up your job search, or contact JARI at or 814.535.8675.
The following links direct you to Johnstown area jobs when possible. Otherwise, you will be directed to the site's home page and you will need to enter Johnstown-specific search criteria.
- Job Gateway- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania CareerLink
- Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission
- Careers in National Defense
- Daily American
- The Tribune-Democrat
- WJAC TV- Back to Work Wednesday
- Linkedin Jobs