The $500.00 scholarships are open to current students or an incoming freshman enrolled at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown for the 2021 summer or fall terms.
Applicant must meet the criteria listed below:
- Reside in Cambria or Somerset Counties
- Enrolled as a full-time student
- Provide documentation of acceptance or current enrollment at Pitt-Johnstown
- Provide explanation of need for the funding
- Submit 2 references (1 personal and 1 professional)
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation
- Complete documentation form for use of funds before release of payment
Application deadline is April 19, 2021. Scholarships will be awarded by August 31, 2021 or until funds are depleted. Submit your application and related documentation to Debi Balog, Director of Workforce Development or by mail to 245 Market Street, Suite 200, Johnstown PA 15901.
Scholarship funds will be release to the applicant with a form documenting that the funds will be used for costs associated with enrollment at Pitt-Johnstown.
The scholarships are funded through the Y.S. and Y.W. Nam Fund at the Community Foundation for the Alleghenies (CFA).