Big Idea Contest Winner to be Chosen November 16th!
The ten finalists in Ben Franklin’s 2017 BIG IDEA Contest will be making presentations to a panel of area judges beginning at 1:35 PM on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
If you know any of the finalists listed below, or if you are just excited about the Startup Alleghenies initiative in general, please stop by the Bottle Works, located at 411 Third Avenue in Johnstown, to hear the presentations:
- Joseph DiGangi with AssureTech
- Justin Capouellez with Boomerang Beacon
- Heather Moyer with Crossroads Consulting
- Mark Kasterko with MT Arms
- Adam Stokes with muonSoft
- Donald Nixon with Nixon’s Technical Service
- Hunter Swisher with Phospholutions
- Ryan Kieta with Real Design
- James Wang with SimplrTechnologies
- Anthony Biddle with Siterite
The finalists’ presentations will conclude at 5:00 PM, and a catered reception will immediately follow. While the judges deliberate, you are invited to enjoy the refreshments and network with the finalists. This will allow you to learn more about all of them in preparation for casting your vote for the People’s Choice Award which will close at 6:15 PM. All of the winners will be announced at 6:30 PM.
This year’s cash prizes will be awarded to four winners:
First Place: $25,000; Second Place: $15,000; Third Place: $7,500; and a People’s Choice Award: $2,500.
In addition to the $25,000, the first place winner will also receive: